Monday, January 3, 2011

A post a day challenge



Just read that another blog has a post a day challenge for its writers....so decided to jump in there, and talk about hawks.   Somehow in the past several years I have developed a hawk following.   I don't have photos of all my hawkish friends because some of them I knew before I got my camera.   The funny thing is that they will sit patiently while I photograph them, some will let me get fairly close.

They remind me of good models, and will turn slightly, change position or expression slightly as I snap away.  A friend mentioned yesterday that she and her husband had heard 'my' hawk (she doesn't know I have several) just a minute or so earlier.  I told them about my latest friend (the one directly above), and said, 'it must mean something, I don't know what though'.  

As I walked away, I realized that I was wearing this hat.   For those of you not into obscure NFL teams from the Pacific Northwest, it is a Seattle Seahawks hat.   I have been a Seahawks fan for many years, and probably can't really explain why.   I do have quite a wardrobe of hats that I wear on my path outings, probably 10 different ones at least, so to be wearing this particular one on a day when we were having a hawk discussion, seemed, well, meaningful......ironic maybe as I said to my friend, "I don't know what my finding all these hawks means".  Or another happy example of serendipity, or a moment of Grace, and a moment of Grace + humor.  It also may have been good fortune for the 'real' Seahawks, who by virtue of winning their game last night have the honor of being the first team ever with a losing record to make it into the NFL playoffs!  Way to go underdog Seahawks.....There's a lesson in that for us all, perhaps another example of never giving up....

No comments:

Post a Comment