Friday, December 31, 2010

Investigation into Mr. Lizard's fate is ongoing

 When I first saw my lizard that changed colors, summer before last, I looked up lizard identification on the web, to figure out what exactly he was.



The conclusion I came to was a green anole, and one of the interesting facts I read was that their main danger was from feline assassins......but I felt secure in the knowledge that Ms. Halle B is an inside cat, and Mr. Lizard was an outside lizard......

Well upon further inspection of the corner where I found Mr. Lizard's nonlizardliving self, there appears to be blood on the rug, and also on the baseboard.   I haven't forensically tested it to determine if that is what it is, but it sure looks like it (please keep quiet about my lack of housekeeping skills, it is something that I've never been able to master)......

So if it is Mr. Lizard's blood, then probably the only logical answer to his demise is that Ms. Halle B decided to take him out.   Again, I must say that I am glad that she did not show me her trophy, that might have produced screams that would not have pleased the neighbors at all.......


It is true that for some reason, Ms. Halle B has a fondness for green things, toys, insects, dare I say it, Lizards, and I have previously posted about her green obsession http://bontempsontheriver.blogspot.com/2009/08/this-is-locust-or-as-known-to-halle-b.html

Still it is hard to believe that this laid back vision of cattiness, could be the culprit and she of course, vehemently denies any involvement with the demise of Mr. Lizard....


So the sadness continues, and even Clarence, the Christmas Cactus did not bloom this year, as a tribute to the loss of his little green friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment