Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The river, she wins......



So after fighting a strong sense of making a wrong choice by moving away from the river, as well as leaving the wildlife that shares this area with us, my 'little room with a view', the friends I've made here, and the endless variety of opportunities to either walk, or run, for as many miles as my legs will take me......


and after spending a sleepless night with my shoulders and neck tied in knots, (painful ones at that), and after thinking about the new house, and the other places I've looked at, and how none of them have the opportunities for Halle to view her world, and watch birds, squirrels, cats, dogs, portulaca possum, and various other friends and creatures.......


and after thinking how can I continue my blog which is titled 'Bon Temps on the River.blogspot.com', if I'm not actually ON the river......

I realized that one more time in my life, I was trying to force myself to do something that may have made sense at some cognitive level, but that made no sense to my heart, and soul........to say nothing of something that made no sense to Halle...she says 7 moves are quite enough for her taste, thankyouverymuch.....

So I'm staying...for once I managed to make the decision before I'd done something that would have been harder to undo (like signing a contract).......

And we supposedly have weather moving in, with freezing rain and snow predicted....Here I have my gas stove, so that if the worst happens, I can still  have hot food, and hot water, and coffee, and some warmth.....and we have Frankie who will salt our sidewalks to keep us safe, and each other for company......

Life is good, it is OK to just stay as I am, in fact it is more than OK it is fabulous......to be good with where I am......but it is a lesson that somehow I must keep learning.....

No comments:

Post a Comment