Thursday, November 18, 2010



Thought for the day..........paraphrased......why can't we all just get along......or "I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony".........

It seems that doing this will take some coming together in conversation, and being willing to learn about things from another's perspective with an open heart and an open mind......

Another observation is that it really does help in discussions, if one does not use "you messages"......such as ......You are judging me, you are selfish, a louse, trying to pick a fight, or one of many expletives that I'm hearing lately........

I have learned, maybe the hard way, that use of "I" messages when the other person is not using the same rules of engagement, seems to be proof to the other party that the person using the "I" messages is selfish, self-centered, narcissistic........so agreeing on 'rules of discussion' ahead of time seems wise.

But it just seems to me, that the level of anger is rising, like a flood, as well perhaps as the feeling that some people are always right, and anyone who disagrees is always wrong.......and it seems so sad......

so again, in the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along"......

No comments:

Post a Comment